We want to provide an update on COVID-19 within our community.
Received: Tuesday, February 15
Independent Living Residents
- New Cases: 1
- Total Active Cases: 1
Health Center Residents
- New Cases: 0
- Total Active Cases: 0
- New Cases: 0
- Total Active Cases: 1 (At Home)
Palm Beach County COVID-19 Positivity Rate = 16.5% (Red zone)*
*February 15, 2022 data provided by CMS; updated every week with 14-day average.
We continue with our commitment to protect the health and safety of our residents and team members, and our team continues to be proactive in mitigating the risk of further exposure to the virus within our community.
How Residents and Team Members Can Help
- Leave the community only for essential needs like groceries or critical medical appointments.
- Make sure to receive your COVID-19 vaccine if you have not done so already.
- Practice social distancing.
- All unvaccinated residents and team members must wear a mask or face covering when interacting with others in public settings. If unvaccinated individuals are present in groups, everyone should be wearing a mask or face covering.
- Health center residents, team members and visitors must follow our mask protocols when in any of the licensed levels of living (health center, assisted living or memory care).
- Wash your hands often or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
COVID-19 Delta Variant Facts
Most of the current positive virus cases are in individuals who have been fully vaccinated. While many of the cases have been spread from unvaccinated persons, some have also been spread by fully vaccinated individuals. It is important to remember the following:
- The Delta variant of COVID-19 is very highly transmissible.
- Fully vaccinated people can still get the virus AND they can spread it to other people, including those who are fully vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated people who are infected with the virus can be hospitalized, especially those with weakened immune symptoms or other medical conditions that compromise their systems.
- Unvaccinated people who are infected with the virus tend to have worse symptoms.
One way we can slow the spread of this virus is to have every team member and resident vaccinated.
The Waterford provides COVID-19 vaccines every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in our health center. Please contact Samiha Boynton, infection control preventionist at The Waterford, to get scheduled for your clinic time.