We want to provide an update on COVID-19 within our community.
Independent Living Residents
- New Cases: 0
- Total Active Cases: 9
Health Center Residents
- New Cases: 0
- Total Active Cases: 2
- New Cases: 1
- Total Active Cases: 7
Palm Beach County COVID-19 Positivity Rate = 19.2% (Red zone)*
*August 10, 2021 data provided by CMS; updated every week with 14-day average.
Additionally, we have several residents and team members who have been exposed to the virus and are now under isolation as we carefully watch for symptoms of the virus. These persons are being tested according to CDC guidelines.
Effective immediately, the following measures have been taken to protect our residents and team members:
- All dining rooms have been temporarily closed. Meals will be available for takeout or delivery.
- Visitation to our community has been restricted until further notice.
- All large community events have been canceled.
- Large, private gatherings in homes or apartments should be suspended until further notice.
- All residents and team members, even fully vaccinated, must wear masks indoors until the outbreak is resolved.
- All symptomatic or positive residents and team members must isolate for 14 days.
COVID-19 Delta Variant Facts
Most of the current positive virus cases are in individuals who have been fully vaccinated. While many of the cases have been spread from unvaccinated persons, some have also been spread by fully vaccinated individuals. It is important to remember the following:
- The Delta variant of COVID-19 is very highly transmissible.
- Fully vaccinated people can still get the virus AND they can spread it to other people, including those who are fully vaccinated.
- Fully vaccinated people who are infected with the virus can be hospitalized, especially those with weakened immune symptoms or other medical conditions that compromise their systems.
- Unvaccinated people who are infected with the virus tend to have worse symptoms.
One way we can slow the spread of this virus is to have every team member and resident vaccinated.
The Waterford provides COVID-19 vaccines every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in our health center. Please contact Jeanie Kurtz, interim director of nursing at The Waterford, to get scheduled for your clinic time.